mardi 10 mai 2011

emily dickinson..sweetness

 the heart asks pleasure
The heart asks pleasure first
And then, excuse from pain-
And then, those little anodynes
That deaden suffering;

And then, to go to sleep;
And then, if it should be
The will of its Inquisitor,
The liberty to die.
 
 
 
if i cant stop one heart
If I can stop one heart from breaking,
I shall not live in vain;
If I can ease one life the aching,
Or cool one pain,
Or help one fainting robin
Unto his nest again,
I shall not live in vain.
 
 
so proud she was
So proud she was to die
   It made us all ashamed
That what we cherished, so unknown
   To her desire seemed.

So satisfied to go
   Where none of us should be,
Immediately, that anguish stooped
   Almost to jealousy.
 
 
 
hEART, we will forget him! 
You and I, to-night!
      You may forget the warmth he gave,
    I will forget the light.
      When you have done, pray tell me,
     That I my thoughts may dim;
      Haste! lest while you're lagging
I may remember him! 
 
 
 
if i should die
iF I should die
And you should live,
    And time should gurgle on,
 And morn should beam,
And noon should burn,
As it has usual done;
       If birds should build as early,
      And bees as bustling go,--
    One might depart at option
   From enterprise below!
         'Tis sweet to know that stocks will stand
     When we with daisies lie,
     That commerce will continue,
    And trades as briskly fly.
       It make the parting tranquil
      And keeps the soul serene,
     That gentlemen so sprightly
     Conduct the pleasing scene!
                    

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Membres

Archives du blog

livre

  • pride and prejudice
  • passage to india
  • roots
  • eat pray love
  • the note book
  • le rouge et le noir